IMPORTANT CHANGES TO TAX SEASON 2023
As of February 1, 2022, we will no longer accept any City Returns via email including any required supporting documentation. If you would like to submit your information electronically, you can do so clicking the "E-File/Online Payment" tab.
We will no longer be accepting any faxes.
As of August 18, 2022, all full/part year residents 18 years or older are required to file a Trenton Income Tax Return whether or not a tax is due.
The current City of Trenton tax rate is 1.5%.
2023 tax returns are due on MONDAY, APRIL 15, 2023.
The City of Trenton Income Tax Department will prepare your local return FREE of charge!
Income Tax Preparation Hours:
Office hours will be by walk-ins first come first serve for filing assistance Monday-Friday from 8:30 am -4:30 pm.
Extended hours will be offered on April 12, 2024 and April 15, 2024; 8:00 am to 7:00 pm.
HOW TO FILE YOUR CITY OF TRENTON RETURN
- Copies of all W-2s received for the year
- Copies of Federal 1040 Form
- Copies of any related schedules (such as Schedules 1-4, Schedule C, Schedule E, etc.)
- Copies of other city tax returns if you are requesting a credit for taxes paid OR a refund to that City
***Note: Anything provided to the Tax Department will be kept by the Tax Department.***
Municipal Net Profit Return (Businesses)
- Trenton Return
- First 5 pages (including cost of good sold) of the 1120, 1120S, or 1065
- Schedule Y breakdown
How to Submit the City Return and all related documents:
- Electronically through our E-File System (Please see tab "E-File/Online Payment" for more information.)
- Drop box located in the parking lot behind the old historical building (Please write Income Tax Department on the envelope.)
- Dropped off in person
If you are not submitting your information electronically, please see "Tax Forms" in the blue rectangle on the left hand side for all individual and business forms.